Poole notches first career Athlete of the Week award

In an outstanding week of baseball, Mason Poole has emerged as the standout player of the week, earning the Zaxby’s Player of the Week award. This award recognizes his outstanding skill, teamwork and dedication to the team. The Zaxby’s Player of the Week award goes to an athlete who has shown to, remarkably, be the best player for that week. 

Last week, for the Bobcats, Poole had an incredible hitting week. He hit .533 through four games. Out of the 15 bats Mason had, he picked up eight hits, two of which were round-trip shots, to bring his slugging percentage to .933. Poole also drove in five RBIs and was able to score four times. 

Poole’s most notable performance was against the University of West Georgia. The Bobcats took the win, with the final score being 14-5. 

Mason’s game against West Georgia was electric,” said Gabe Wuerth, a sophomore infielder. “He made a ton of great plays defensively, including the last out of the game, along with going 4/5 with a go-ahead home run, which really gave our team the momentum we needed to get back on top and finish the game strong.” 

Poole went 4-for-5 with a moon shot over the left-field fence, three RBIs and two runs scored.

Not only did Poole play a great game against West Georgia, but he also had a solid outing against Erskine College. He kept up his rhythm with a 2-for-3 day, including two walks and a run scored. The second home run for Poole came in the second game of the double-header with EC. In the past two games, Poole has shown out and has left a mark for his team. 

“I stayed within myself and just played the game,” Poole said. “I sometimes get too caught up in the moment, and when I relax and just play the game, good things happen. All glory to my savior, Jesus Christ. I wouldn’t be anywhere without him.”

Poole’s teammates are grateful for his role on the team and what he brings to the group.

“Mason is a great player and an even greater person,” said Lex Kenny, a sophomore pitcher. “He brings a positive vibe with him and excels in his position.” 

This recognition not only celebrates Poole’s individual performance but also brings attention to the team and the talent and skill it has. Fans can look forward to watching the team and Poole’s continued success. The Zaxby’s Player of the Week award continues to be given out to athletes who embody dedication and skill.