Milly Meal Deals for GC Students

Molly Layne

Milledgeville restaurants truly cater to the “ballin’ on a budget” lifestyle that college students
live– and GC students love it.

Restaurants around Milledgeville offer low-price specials on popular food and drink items to
keep students happy and to keep the cash flowing in.

Bollywood Tacos, a Mexican-Indian Fusion restaurant located on the downtown strip, is a hit
among GC students. Throughout the week, Bollywood offers specials on food, drink and a
special brunch menu on the weekends. Their drink specials include discounted margaritas,
beer, bloody marys, mimosas and even an all day happy hour on Thursdays.

“Bollywood offers a variety of food and drink specials everyday of the week,” said Caroline
Miller, a senior psychology major and bartender at Bollywood Tacos. “On Wednesdays we offer
$15 margarita pitchers which is definitely a college student favorite.”

Another popular downtown spot, The Velvet Elvis, has daily specials on their fan-favorites. The
most popular item on Velvet’s menu is the Buffalo Bird sandwich: crispy buffalo chicken tenders
topped with swiss cheese in between two pieces of crispy texas toast. On Wednesday nights,
Velvet serves the Buffalo Bird meal with a side of fries for just $6.

“Velvet’s Buff Bird is hands down one of my favorite meals to get in Millidgeville,” said Katie Noll,
a senior Management Information Systems major. “My friends and I go every Wednesday to get
our Buff Bird fix. They have great happy hour deals, so that just adds to the fun.”

Velvet’s happy hour specials run Tuesday through Saturday. Both GC students and locals find
the deals irresistible.

“People love our happy hour,” said Haley Tyler, front-of-house manager at the Velvet Elvis. “Of
course we have our regulars, but the college kids really love to come out and have a drink or
two after a long day of classes. It’s a great time and a great place to be.”

Aside from the restaurants downtown, many GC students agree that their favorite deals are El
Tequila’s Dollar Beer and Taco Mondays, Kai Thai’s half-off sushi Thursdays and Chick-fil-A’s
BOGO Thursdays.

“I love to go to Chick-fil-A with my roommates on Thursdays,” said Julie Bolt, a senior rhetoric
major. “I mean come on, two meals for the price of one? I love it. Chick-fil-A is my go-to
restaurant, and this makes it even better.”

Many diners around town accept GC Bobcat cards, where students can use their CatCash to pay for meals, and some even offer student discounts with the presentation of a GCID. Several salons, CVS and Harmony Hot Yoga also accept GC CatCash. Milledgeville restaurants take care of GC students by keeping their prices low and their food good.